Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm backkkkkkk! I am back from Tirana. It is good to be in my apartment again and see the calm lifestyle of Podgorica. The drive to the border, at Skoder, was uneventful. Once we reached Skoder, we encountered more potholes than road as we traveled to Montenegro.

I did what I've heard people talk about doing....I literally carried (well, rolled actually) my suitcases between the two countries. At one point, the border guard in Albania let my host drive into no-man's-land so I didn't have so far to go with my luggage. That was an odd feeling....through one border crossing but with another to go.

Technically, I was entering Serbia and Montenegro. Would I have any problems getting back in? Of course not, I had the visa. (See post for around March 17 or 18 for explanation of the visa controversy.) BUT, suppose I didn't have one? Would it have made a difference in Montenegro? I don't know...and will, unfortunately, not get to find out. The next time I leave, it will again be through Belgrade and I will have to get a multiple entry visa....with luck, I can obtain it in Podgorica.

I will go to the Faculty of Law this evening to listen to two teams of students who are preparing for an Int'l Civil Dispute Resolution Competition. I'm no attorney so the best I can do is coach their presentation--English is the required language--and I will receive copies of their arguments. I will edit their writing, a job I am more than comfortable with. My class meets tomorrow. I gave them a homework assignment before I left....it will be interesting to see who did their work.

What have I done so far, since returning? Why I started a load of clothing in my washer, of course.

Oh...and for readers in the Midwest.... Let me tell you how beautiful it is here today! A high of 20 Celsius, which is about 68, I think? Some flowers are blooming. Leaves are showing on the trees. The sky is blue....it is just wonderful. We passed orchards with peach and plum trees, all blooming.

More soon...including some pictures.

No comments: