Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm back...I've been back in the U.S. since June 1. Yes, I'm tardy in adding another post to my blog but not because I haven't thought about things I wanted to talk about. Since returning from Montenegro, I've spent most of the summer with my family...it has been a time to make amends for my absence and the many things they had to do without me. I needed the time away and regret that they did not travel with me...I hope that I can arrange something for them in the future so they will see the beautiful places I've visited and get to talk to the people I've met.

Being back in the U.S. has been both wonderful and challenging. The first month I was back, the sheer overstimulation I felt from the pace of life and conspicuous consumption in the U.S. was stressful. I was almost immediately walking less and eating more. I'm still not walking more but I have begun to control the eating--I've added back four of the six pounds I lost. I also feel like I'm ready to travel again outside of the U.S....somewhere, anywhere...but not for such a long period of time. Perhaps the day will come when I get to travel again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Serbs should join with Bulgaria. We are now to small to survive.
What will we be? A Slavic Lichtenstein dominated by Albanian, Greek,
Romanian and Jewish reptiles? We were on the wrong side in 1913.
Ignatieff was right at San Stefano. The South Slavs are the REAL
Macedonians. The steam bathing cattle of Mokosh must unite to stampede
over the reptiles.